Position: Coordinator- Social Mobilization
No. of Positions: 01 (Female/Male)
Place of Posting: Karachi
Age Limit: 35-50 Years
Reporting Line: Project Director
Qualification: MA- Sociology
Experience: 7-10 years working experience in Community Development Projects/Programs
Skills required: Interpersonal Skills, building relationship with stakeholders, developing training manuals and conduct trainings as trainer, report writing and computer skills
- Leading engagement with field groups, local support organizations and other parental Involvement committees/stakeholders in the district Malir
- Developing training materials/manual relevant to community mobilization and parental involvement
- Liaison with field based groups, government official’s /line departments and with other stakeholders
- Assist the project in identifying key counterparts, stakeholders, contributors and private-sector partners who will be instrumental in the implementation and achievement of goals of the project
- Highlighting, capturing and developing best practices as success story reports during the project cycles
- Organize and pay visits in field activities (as needed)
- Working collaboratively with local partner /supportive organizations to build their capacity
- Working closely with community stakeholders to develop and execute mobilization activities
- Successfully support the project’s relationship with local Government/Ministries /Elected representatives and other stakeholders
- Provide technical guidance to the District Government Malir including all departments /Institutions, CBOs and NGOs existing in the district.
- Strengthening community institutions and other stakeholders to ensure their effective role in the community development initiatives
Supervise and monitor the community development programs /projects running in the district
• Developing proposals to collaborate with existing programs and local initiatives running in the district
• Organize capacity-building sessions/trainings for local NGOs/CBOs and other community based organizations on social mobilization.
- Ensure meaningful participation of women and inclusion of other vulnerable groups is articulated across all activities including community institutions, implementing a gender framework and ensuring disaggregation of data reported at all levels
- Making periodic reports of the project and submission of the same timely, making presentations to be presented at different forums/offices.