No. of Positions: 01 (Female/Male)
Place of Posting: Head Office Karachi / DC Office Malir karachi
Age Limit: 35-50 Years
Reporting Line: Project Director
Qualification: Master /Bachelor Degree in Information Technology (Preferably in Software Engineering)
Experience: 7-10 Years’ experience with similar role
Skills required: Skills of operating systems, developing software and programing, problem solving and critical thinking skills, troubleshooting abilities and development and expansion of websites
- Developing the IT vision of the district Malir and translating it into actionable goals
- Coordinating IT activities to ensure the availability of network services and data
- Identifying future challenges in the IT landscape and developing mitigation strategies
- Identifying security vulnerabilities and eliminating them with strategic solutions
2-Website and Software Development
- Designing, developing and testing software and applications for computers of the departments/ Institutions of district Malir. The main duties and responsibilities include directing and participating in programming activities, monitoring, and evaluating system performance, and designing and implementing new programs and features.
- The development of website of district and educational institutions, that includes the updation and expansion of other departments working in the district.
- Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software programs
- Testing and evaluating new programs, while identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications
3-Install and Construct Networks
- Directly working with district and its department’s servers and networks, performing setup, enhancement, and maintenance tasks.
- The IT specialist will ensure that employees’ work stations care successfully connect to networks and have access to data at all times.
- Also configuration of network security settings and connect peripheral devices, like printers, photocopier and scanners, that are used by multiple users.
4.1 Building a Database Architecture so that data is correctly punched, stored and easily accessible. This would involve setting up data storage and retrieval protocols, adjusting permissions, and maintaining data security and integrity during migrations, backups, and day-to-day use of the database. The Coordinator IT has to use its expertise in database programs and languages to support all departments-wide database access.
5-Provide User Support
- Providing direct support to users across the district. This can include helping set up hardware or software, diagnosing connectivity or data access problems, answering questions about hardware or software, and helping users access shared drives and devices.
- The Coordinator IT may also provide support to help desk personnel and technicians.
6-Manage Information Security
- Maintaining information security throughout the district including all departments. The accomplishment of this goal can be in many ways that includes monitoring access logs and building database security procedures.
- The setup of antivirus programs at workstations, develop policies for email security, and perform periodic data audits and backups to prevent information loss and unauthorized access would be the key responsibility of the Coordinator –IT
- 7-Troubleshoot Systems and Hardware
- The provision of support to all district departments at district and taluka level by troubleshooting systems and hardware, particularly after server migration or an organization-wide update. T
- To identify issues with new hardware or software and works with users or on the back end of servers to quickly resolve those issues and prevent delays.
- The IT specialist may also prepare reports on hardware and software issues as part of this role.
8.1 Websites and Software need to be functional as well as attractive, and clients’ needs in these regards might not always be easy to meet. Web developers need to figure out how to translate a client’s vision to an actual, functional website.
- Apply before 17h October 2021 at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No TA/DA will be permissible when call for interview.
- Only short listed candidate will be invited for interview.