Position: Consultant for of UCDMC/Community on DRR & CCA Laws & Policies
No. of Positions: 01 Male/Female
Place of Posting: Badin
Age Limit: 40 to 55 Years
Reporting Line: Head of Department Social Mobilization & Disaster Management
Qualification: Masters in any discipline of Social Sciences
Diploma course on DRR will be given preference
Experience: Having more than 10 years of experience of working as a consultant with INGO/NGOs
Having good knowledge and understanding on DRR and CCA Laws and Policies in district Badin will be worth.
Experience of training local rural communities
Fluent in Sindhi
Skills Required: Coordination with Community and Public Department Official
Design training agenda
Impart training at Public Department, especially DRR & CCA Laws & Policies
Analysis and reporting
Coordination and networking
- Meeting with HANDS team to review and finalize scope of training on DRR & CCA Laws and Policies and mock drill exercise.
- Develop Training Agenda and share with HANDS/Oxfam for approval.
- Impart Training on DRR and CCA Laws & Policies including Mock Drill Exercises (Minimum 2 Days) for 25 participants including men and women
- Compile Training Report and share with HANDS/Oxfam (Report must be comprehensive on pre and post knowledge, proceedings, learning, key feedback of participants and recommendation etc.)
- The consultant will make sure that the Concept note developed by HANDS for said training is fully utilized.
- Develop deeper understanding of participants on disasters in context of district Badin; Preparedness including risk assessment, Develop DRM Plan and follow up and evacuation/mock drills and response.
- Develop understanding Climate Change Adaptation Laws & Policies (national and international) to build capacity of communities for influencing on CCA with relevant stakeholders i.e. district administration/DDMA/line departments.
- Build a basic capacity on advocacy and lobbying skills, equipping communities with the skill set to lobby with key government stakeholders.
- To ensure the progress of the Local Action Plan of Adaptation (LAPA) developed by Oxfam is explored and is active for securing a sustainable future for the district.
- Impart Training, execute mock drill exercise and share compile report.
- Compile report must reflect detailed preparation, indigenous knowledge, proceedings, methodology, feedback of participants, per & post assessment analysis, immediate results etc.
- Consultant will be required to submit training report within 05 working days after activity and will be liable to respond if there is any query/clarity required by HANDS OXFAM
Period of assignment:
November 15, 2021 to December 15, 2021
- Interested consultants can apply through submission of electronic copy of proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org till 12th Nov-2021, the contents of the proposal are mentioned below:
- Brief introduction of consultant (attach detailed CV with references)
- Understanding of context
- Work plan
- Interested consultants can apply through submission of hard copies of technical and financial proposal in sealed envelopes at following address by 15th Nov 2021 at 5:00 pm.