No. of Positions: 01 Male
Place of Posting: Karachi
Age Limit: 40 to 55 Years
Reporting Line: Head of Department Social Mobilization & Disaster Management
Qualification: Qualification: Masters in any discipline of Social Sciences
- Having more than 10 years of experience of working in consultation with INGO/NGOs on DRR.
- Ample experience of good coordination and consultation with District Administration, DDMA and PDMA
- Experience of mock drill with community and government stakeholders.
- Experience in working in proposed theme of Organizing Mock Drill on DRR with DDMA and Community
- Meeting with HANDS team to review and finalize scope of Mock Drill particularly on flood disaster and DRR Kit specification. The consultant will make sure that the Concept note developed by HANDS for Mock Drill is fully utilized.
- Finalizing the location for Mock Drill with HANDS team
- Carryout mock drill for 02 days with below schedule;
- 1st day will be reserved for presentation and Mock drill and demo on DRR Kit for District Administration, DDMA, District Resilience Academy, PDMA and District DRR Forum Representative (25 participants)
- 2nd day will be Mock drill activities in 03 project interventions UCs. I.e. Abdullah Shah, Shaheed Rani and Nindo. 01 activity in each UC (30-40 participants in each activity)
- Conduct meeting with community including women/PWDs, UCDMCs, District DRR forum and Resilience Academy for indigenous knowledge on DRR to finalize Mock Drill Agenda.
- Share mock drill agenda with HANDS for approval.
- Impart mock drill activities as per approved agenda.
- Compile activity report with all details of community meeting/indigenous knowledge, public department officials, activity proceeding, feedback of participants, impact of mock drill and recommendations.
- Impart Mock Drill and demonstration on DRR Kit for government stakeholders and community.
Submission of comprehensive report with observation and recommendation within 03 days after conducting mock drill activities.
Period of assignment:
March 15, 2021 to April 14, 2021
Note: Interested consultants can apply through submission of electronic copy of proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before March 17, 2021; mention position in subject line.
- The contents of the proposal are mentioned below:
- Brief introduction of consultant (attach detailed CV with references)
- Understanding of context
- Work plan
- No TA/DA will be permissible when call for interview.
Only short listed candidate will be invited for interview.