GAD program conducts mobilization and leadership trainings of professional women at different levels. These trainings boost self confidence in women and enhance their leadership skills.
The objectives of this model are to:
- Sensitize women on gender issues.
- Develop understanding of participants about gender equity/equality.
- Develop motivational skills.
- Develop confidence and conflict resolution skills.
The training methodology consists of discussions, group work, brain storming, individual work and presentation, classroom teaching, case studies, assignments and role plays.
- Gender equity/equality
- Gender based violence
- Gender analysis skills
- Confidence building
- Conflict resolution
- Women rights
- AIDS (Auto Immuno Deficiency Syndrome – sexually transmitted disease among sex workers)
The number of trainings conducted on Women Mobilization and Leadership was 148 with 3428 participants.