The GAD program has expertise in development of Behavior Change Communication (BCC) strategy on Gender.
A view of BCC session
The objectives of this model are to:
- Promote gender equality through changing people’s behaviors and attitudes.
- Increase women empowerment by expanding knowledge about their rights and the opportunities to exercise their rights in community and workplace.
- Overview of gender behaviors in target population i.e. identification of gaps
- Gather data for the development of BCC and tailor to the needs and interests of the target group.
- Design a detail strategy based on the collected data.
- Develop materials / activities for BCC
- Implementation of BCC activities at community level for men and women.
- Develop tools to monitor progress and evaluate the impact of BCC objectives.
- The program team has designed, printed and disseminated 91,105 units of BCC material including
posters, pamphlets, leaflets and banners.
- The number of messages relayed through FM radio was 1185.
- 15 Focus Group Discussions related to BCC were conducted.
- 34,538 awareness raising sessions were conducted with around 701,690 participants.
- About 501 Interactive Theatres have so far been conducted for BCC on social / gender issues.