The GAD program has expertise in development of Behavior Change Communication (BCC) strategy on Gender.
The objectives of this model are to:
- Promote gender equality through changing people’s behaviors and attitudes.
- Increase women empowerment by expanding knowledge about their rights and the opportunities to exercise their rights in community and workplace.
- Overview of gender behaviors in target population i.e. identification of gaps
- Gather data for the development of BCC and tailor to the needs and interests of the target group.
- Design a detail strategy based on the collected data.
- Develop materials / activities for BCC
- Implementation of BCC activities at community level for men and women.
- Develop tools to monitor progress and evaluate the impact of BCC objectives.
The program team has designed, printed and disseminated 90169 units of BCC material including posters, pamphlets, leaflets and banners.
- The number of messages relayed through FM radio was 1185.
- 15 Focus Group Discussions related to BCC were conducted.
- 22310 awareness raising sessions were conducted with around 600,000 participants.
- About 500 Interactive Theatres have so far been conducted for BCC on social / gender issues.