Sexual harassment at workplace is a form of misconduct that undermines the integrity of the employees’ relationship within the organization. The sexual harassment policy enables organization to create a conducive working environment.
The objectives are to:
- Create an environment free from all forms of harassment.
- Enhance productivity of staff by providing secure environment.
The drafting of sexual harassment policy is a consultative process with all stakeholders. Following are the steps to develop sexual harassment policy for any institution:
- HANDS GAD program experts facilitate the process of Focus Group Discussions (FGDs) from top management to the field team. These FGDs are guided by the principles of Working Women Ordinance by Government of Pakistan.
- The draft strategy formulated on the basis of recommendations and clauses of Working Women Ordinance 2011.
- Approval of policy by senior management and Governing board.
- Orientation/ training of entire staff.
- The sexual harassment related indicators are incorporated in Management Information System (MIS).
- Sexual harassment report is generated periodically as per requirement.