Gender And Development (GAD) program works as cross cutting theme to ensure gender equity and equality in all organizational policies, procedures, projects and programs. Following are the best practice models of GAD program:
Best Practice Service Models Model-1
Gender Policy / Code of Conduct
This model is designed to develop Gender Policy/Code of Conduct to be implemented in the organization.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Create a dignified and safe working environment in the organization.
- Develop conducive environment for staff (Women friendly policies).
The drafting of gender policy is a consultative process with all stakeholders. Following are the steps to develop gender policy for any institution:
- HANDS GAD program experts facilitate the process of Focus Group Discussions (FGDs) from top management to the field team. These FGDs are guided by principles of gender concepts, equity and sensitivity.
- The draft strategy is formulated on the basis of recommendation made during FGDs.
- Approval of policy by senior management and Governing board.
- Orientation/training of entire staff.
- Gender related indicators incorporated in main stream Management Information System (MIS)
- Gender report is generated periodically as per requirement.