HANDS Suggestion And Complaint service model is a monitoring mechanism for quality assurance of its program performance. This is a management mechanism for suggestion, complaints, feedback and rectification. This model operates directly under the Chief Executive (CE) through his secretariat.
The objectives of this model are to:
- Implement a system of accountability and transparency within the organization as well as with the community and other stakeholders.
- Improve the quality of work and utilization of resources
- Check any misconduct or misuse of resources
- Promote sense of ownership in the community through feedback and suggestions mechanism
SAC team including the SAC manager and associate receives suggestions and complaints / feedback through:
- Letters (mail)
- SAC card
- Complaint Desk
- Radio/Audio complaints
- Video complaints
- The complaints/ feedback or suggestion may come from Field monitors/ project staff Monitoring Managers (MMs)
- Direct/indirect beneficiaries/ communities
- District Executive Managers
- Other stakeholders including Govt. officials, Civil Society Organization (CSO) Each and every suggestion, complaint/feedback is shared with the CE on daily basis who is the final authority. The CE assigns any person as per his prerogative to investigate the issue raised. Within 3 working days the assigned person conducts and documents the facts and findings related to the issue.
- Based on the findings of the inquiry the CE alone or sometimes in consultation with the Executive Committee or Steering Committee takes the decision to reprimand accordingly
During the reporting period total of 1,121 complains were received through Suggestion and Complaints (SAC) software. Out of these 902 were addressed and resolved. However 219 complain are pending and are in the process of investigations.