The working philosophy of Social Mobilization Program involves Community Based Organization (CBO) as its partner in community development, therefore all programs and projects are being implemented with collaboration of CBO. This ensures the sustainability of the program to some extent. CBO is a primary level organization formed at village/settlement/para/ community level in the target area. The CBO is the representative body and have women representation in the form of either Women Organization/Group – WO (Female CBO) or female members.
The objectives of this model are to:
- Establish community based institutes for sustainable community development.
- Develop capacity of community to manage their development projects.
- Ensure community participation/involvement and thus ownership.
- First contact visit
- Meeting with key community person/notables/ stakeholders
- Use of Participatory Rapid Appraisal (PRA) tools.
- Large community meeting
- Identification / reactivation / formation of CBOs ensuring female representation and participation
- Training/orientation of CBO members
- Provision of Management Information System (MIS)
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between CBO and HANDS Social Mobilization program for project implementation/interventions.
- Opening of bank account of CBO for transfer of funds for project intervention at community level
- Regular monthly meeting of CBO to share progress and discuss issues.
- Community Capacity Building Package Training (CCBP – Rehnuma training package)
- Development of Participatory Village Development Plan (PVDP)
- Resource mobilization
- Facilitation to CBO in developing linkages/liaison with required partners/ authority for project implementation.
- Registration of CBO with Government body