Training of Masons and Community Members on Construction of Shelters with Lime Stabilized Soil
This model focuses on capacity building of masons and community members to build/rebuild shelters by using lime. The training provides technical guidance and skills to build disaster resilient shelters with the lime stablized soil
The objectives of this training are to:
- Provide guidance on construction with lime stabilized soil in flood prone areas.
- Provide technical assistance to villagers to conduct soil test and trial mixes that will be stable under water
- Promote use of lime in construction of shelters, as it is cost effective in comparison with cement and more stable under water.
The training is conducted at site in a target village and includes:
- Technical presentation on use of lime.
- Demonstration of required material and procedures.
- Conduction of trial mixes
- Practical group work on tests, mixes etc.
- Development of samples of mixes to be tested under water.
- Follow up and feed back after certain period.
- Pre and post test.
- Use of lime & its benefits
- Construction with lime stabilized soil with reference to flood resilient shelter.
- Soil tests.
- Test mixes.
- Practicals of soil tests.
- Practical of test mixes.
- Development of samples of trial mixes to be tested under water for strength.
- Feed back and follow up.