Irrigation schemes are very vital for our agricultural needs. Majority of the crops are irrigated through small canal irrigation system. This model of IDEAS provides schemes for irrigation of agricultural land.
The objectives of this model are to:
- Supply water for agriculture.
- Assure better yield from the crops.
- Improve the economic status through better yield of crops.
- The general methodology of this model is same as previous ones.
- The specific steps for each component of the model are concerned with technical aspects and can be
- referred to in program brochures of each model.
The components of this model include:
- Tube Wells
- Water Course/Channels
2,202 irrigation schemes have been completed in preceding years including tube wells and water courses/channels.