Provision of low cost shelter to disaster hit families who cannot afford to rebuild their houses are addressed through this model;
Low cost shelter
- The objectives of this model are to:
- Provide low cost shelter to homeless.
- Provide security, safety and physical protection of the needy through shelter.
- Address the need of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR).
- Provide standard/quality construction at affordable price.
- The general methodology of this model is same as those of previous models.
- The specific steps for each component of the model are concerned with technical aspects and can be referred to in the program brochures of each model.
- The components of this model include one room shelter.
Overall 78,880 shelters have been successfully constructed in preceding years and delivered to the communities of Sindh, Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Punjab. Currently 3,379 shelters are under construction and will be completed in June 2017. 34,408 families have also been provided roofing kits for their houses. Thus, overall 116,667 families were benefited by HANDS in providing shelter under this model. HANDS under this intervention has invested nearly 2.7 billion since 2011.