Livelihood (Off-Farm) program offers 3 month diploma courses for men and women, including machine embroidery, cutting and stitching, over-lock, flat-lock and single-stitch. Some other courses include textile machine operator, domestic electrician, mobile phone repairing, motor winding, UPS maintenance, pattern making and cutting, TV repair and maintenance, carpenter, beautician course and computer hardware and software training.
The objectives of this model are to:
- Provide a platform for underprivileged/ marginalized rural community members to uplift their socioeconomic status.
- Conduct trainings (diploma courses) for skill enhancement.
- Develop networking/liaison with different factories and institutions for the employment of trainees of HTC.
- Resource identification by organization and development of implementation and financial plan
- Identification and selection of venue
- Identification and selection of master trainers and hiring of staff
- Purchase of appropriate machines/equipment for centre
- Advertisement and interview for identification and selection of trainees
- Pre-test of trainees
- Initiation of courses according to need and design of trainings
- Monitoring supervision of training/trainees/trainers
- Examination and post-test
- Certificate distribution