The model of village based entrepreneur is designed to provide skill enhancement and income generation opportunities to community women at village level.
The objectives of this model are to:
- Create model centres for women empowerment through income generation activities.
- Establish village based entrepreneur centre with the collaboration of CBO.
- Train community members to generate income for their families.
- Create opportunity of garment stitching and embroidery at low cost.
- Need Assessment
- Identification of trades
- Identification and selection of beneficiaries
- Orientation to CBO and community regarding intervention
- Training of entrepreneur
- Selection of venue provided by CBO
- Agreement with CBO
- Purchase of assets
- Establishment of village based Entrepreneur Centre
- Supervision and monitoring
- Linkages/liaison with local market
- Development of Management Information System
Currently 22 village based centers are operational in different villages of Sindh.