The knit garment model aims at providing income generation opportunities from garment production. Garment production has quite vast scope for the income generation especially for underprivileged communities.
- The objectives of this model are to:
- Train local communities in knit garment.
- Provide income generation opportunities.
- Conduction of market survey/market demand.
- Employment of workers on daily wages or permanent basis.
- Development of samples.
- Confirmation of order from market.
- Purchase of raw material
- Production process (fabrication, cutting, stitching, finishing, press and packing and packaging).
- Delivery of order.
- Establishment of Management Information System (MIS).
A knit garment unit was established at Memon Goth for knit garment production by local community members. Until now 68,249 garments have been produced through this centre.