This best practice service model is developed to promote local trades as well as to create income generation activities for women in the communities.
- The objectives of Sughar (local skilled women) model are to:
- Provide self employment opportunities through skill enhancement trainings.
- Facilitate system of supplies and marketing liaisons.
- Establish link with HANDS display centre.
- Trainees (Sughars) identified and selected from the target village along with identification of local trainer for trainings.
- Conduction of training at village level or at Hunarmand Training Centre (HTC).
- Sughars provided with sample and required material for making of the products.
- HANDS technical staff visits the villages to keep check on work quality of Sughars. In case of any modification in quality, Sughars are responsible to make changes/alter the product as per agreed design, quality, time and ToR.
- CBO is responsible to keep close coordination with Sughars to ensure quality and timely delivery of order.
- The Sughar is linked with local market/display centre
- for supplies and sale of their products.
- The Sughars’ products include cut work, ladies
- dresses, local embroidery, caps and file folders.
So far 3,134 Sughars have been trained through this program in different traits for income generation.