HANDS have vast experience in implementation of integrated community development projects and have developed many model villages. Now HANDS with the collaboration of philanthropist funding, initiated MISALI projects in 13 districts and 03 provinces of Pakistan Sindh, Punjab and Balochistan and target areas of this project are 78 villages of districts Matiari, Saheed Banizeerabad, Karachi Rural, Karachi Urban, Tando Muhammad Khan, Tando Allah Yar, Sanghar, Thatta, Jacobabad, Jamshoro, Umerkot, Muzaffargarh and Jaffarabad.
All Indicators related to MDGs and SDGs are focused and HANDS MISALI team works to achieve these indicators for the sustainable development. We are intending to make these villages as Model Villages with the proper facilities of health coverage, suitable and sustainable infrastructure, equipped with water and drain facilities, education, livelihood, gender and social mobilization. Social mobilization play vital role in project area and for project sustainability as well. Because through social mobilization communities are mobilized to work as per the project objectives to make it successful not only for the executing organization but for themselves as well.
HANDS MISALI project will be focused on SDGs and will achieve all the indicators for sustainable development goals and improve the livelihood conditions of the people. This is the integrated project including Social Mobilization, Disaster, Livelihood, CPI, WASH, Health, Nutrition, Education, Gender and Environment.
Objectives of HANDS-MISALI project
- To develop and prosperous communities by providing income generation opportunities for all at all level to end poverty, hunger and food security issues for the sustainable economic growth.
- To promote healthy lives & well beings of target communities at all ages and levels through improving access to health services, primary health care etc.
- To ensure equitable quality education with specific focus on girls enrollment in education.
- To provide improved, resilient living structural environment through provision of facilities related to water, sanitation, housing and infrastructures.
- To ensure gender equity and equality in all program activities at all levels to eliminate gender discrimination.
- Well-being ranking and poverty scoring of target population
- Selection of beneficiaries through assessment form
- Finalization of beneficiaries with recommendation
- of Community Based Organization (CBO)
- Large community meeting
- Formation of groups
- Formation purchasing committee
- Opening of CBO bank account/individual account or funds transfer to beneficiaries through cheques
- Recommendation of beneficiaries by CBO
- Development of distribution plan
- Distribution of tokens through software
- Receiving signature from beneficiaries
- Monitoring and supervision