This model focuses on restoration of damaged/affected on far, and off farm infrastructure schemes, including irrigation channels, water courses, livestock/water ponds, feeder roads, pedestrian trails, culverts, flood protection bunds etc. Repair/restoration of infrastructure is agreed with the local community and with the relevant government departments. Several criteria are required to be met before the restoration of infrastructure e.g. the infrastructure in question must be of value and use to the whole of target community, or to a large proportion of the population. Wages paid/food distributed on weekly basis, for an average work of 12 to 15 days, based on the personal attendance sheet of each beneficiary.
Latrines, water tanks, kitchen gardening, shop repair, agricultural land rehabilitation, field terracing, soil stabilization to protect houses, livestock shades etc.
Activities meant for various interest groups in the community e.g. sanitation, drinking water, water courses, foot track etc.
Activities which benefit the community at large such as repair of roads, water supply schemes, repair of schools and health centers, link road, water harvesting infrastructure, protection of degraded land as disaster mitigation measures etc.
The objectives of this model are to:
- Secure food for those who have lost grain stocks and are unable to cultivate seasonal crop due to lack of financial assistance.
- Support female headed families and households headed by orphans (under 18), without sufficient income source or (extended) family support.
- Facilitate households that include family members with chronic diseases and serious medical conditions, physically or mentally disabled members without any sources/adequate sources of income.
- Large community meeting
- Selection of beneficiaries through assessment form
- Formation of activity groups
- Signing of ToR with groups and handing over of attendance sheet
- Inspection of complete schemes as per specification
- Distribution of tokens
- Arrangement distribution point for food/cash distribution
- Distribution of food with receipt from beneficiary
- Monitoring and supervision