This model provides training opportunity for professionals to manage or respond in emergencies/ disasters in a community setup.
The objectives of this model are to:
- Examine various models of Disaster Risk Management.
- Design and conduct community based Disaster Risk Assessment.
- Identify measures for hazards and vulnerability reduction.
- Community capacity building.
- Prepare a risk reduction plan and understand how to integrate it into development activities.
Fun filled learning through exercises, simulations, videos, discussion forums, interactive activities, field activities, lectures, role plays and group work.
- Disaster Management Terminologies
- CBDRM Approach
- Types of Hazards
- Characteristics of Hazards
- Hazard Assessment
- Vulnerability and capacity analysis
- Disaster risk reduction planning
- Standards (Sphere standards)
- Sphere and disaster preparation
- Organizational level disaster preparation
- Contingency planning
- Capacity mapping
- Response planning
HANDS Disaster Management program team has so far trained 30 master trainers on the subject of Community Based Disaster Risk Management. Overall 417 training have been conducted and 11,437 participants have been trained on the subject.