These are the networks of Community Based Organization (CBO). The purpose of the network is to bring CBO representatives on a common platform to facilitate communication, sharing and mobilization for action plans.
The objectives of this model are to:
- Promote coherent actions in disaster risk reduction at district levels between all CBOs.
- Communicate, share and mobilize the communities after short notice periods and intervals.
Methodology / Function of Disaster Risk Management Centre:
- All the CBOs of the district are trained in community based Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR).
- All the CBOs are certified by District Government.
- The DRR committees’ database is developed by Disaster Risk Management Centre.