The model of Education in Emergency (EiE) is based on provision of education facility in disaster / emergencies. This model includes Temporary Learning Centre (TLC), Child Friendly Space (CFS) and School Rehabilitation (SR). Through these models, safe learning opportunities are provided to children who have lost their education facility in disaster.
The objectives of this model are to:
- Provide healthy and safe learning environment to children in disaster struck areas.
- Provide opportunity for disaster struck children to retain their healthy routines.
- Help recover from physical and mental trauma.
- Provide healthy learning activities for children with interrupted school activities due to disaster.
- Identification of safe/hygienic place for the model with play area.
- Identification and training of facilitator.
- Provision of WASH facility.
- Provision of toys and other learning material.
- Conduction of session/classes.
- Monitoring and supervision.