The Drought Mitigation Training provides an opportunity for practitioners to learn essential skills and knowledge in drought mitigation and climate change to address implementation challenges in a systematic manner. Through exercises and simulations, participants practice
risk assessment and risk management planning.
- The objectives of this model are to:
- Examine various models of disaster risk management and drought mitigation.
- Design and conduct Drought Mitigation assessment.
- Identify measures for hazards and vulnerability reduction and community capacity building.
Learning through exercises, group work, field work, simulations, videos, discussion forums, lectures, presentations and interactive activities.
- Crop diversification
- Conservation farming
- Early planting
- Livestock production
- Winter ploughing
- Relief food
- Timely acquisition of farming inputs
- Enterprise diversification
- Food storage
- Bamboo cultivation
- Introduction of donkeys and small livestock
- Use of drought tolerant varieties
- Bee keeping
- Water harvesting
- Small grants
02 trainings have been conducted in last couple of years and 50 participants have been trained for Drought Mitigation which includes risk assessment & management.