The School Nutrition Program is a multi-faceted model addressing the nutrition and education of primary school age girls. This model was initiated to focus vulnerable girls in school who suffer serious health problems and poor school attendance due to malnutrition.
The objective of this model are to:
- Improve nutritional status of girls in primary schools and community.
- Increase girls enrollment up to 100%.
- Reduce dropout ratio.
- Organize local communities.
- Development of AIP and AFP
- MoU signing at district level
- Orientation of District Govern-ment officials
- Identification/selection of schools
- School screening and finalization
- Formation of SMCs and transfer of funds to SMCs.
- Provision of freshly cooked food in schools
- Growth monitoring (height and weight) of students
- Health education session with community on nutrition and balanced diet
- Develop and maintain MIS at school and community level
- Training of teachers and CBO members
- Regular meeting with teachers and CBO/SMC members
- Conducting monitoring field visit and on-job sessions
- Monthly progress report and quarterly program review