The Early Childhood Development (ECD) Program seeks to ensure a good start in life for young children, especially for poor and underprivileged children aged 3-8 years.
The overall goal of the program is to incorporate and institutionalize a range of replicable support for children’s overall development as confident, capable, creative and caring people. HANDS integrated community development model comprises of teachers’ training on ECD, training of Traditional Birth Attendants (TBA), training of LHW in ECD Program, health education of the community, referral strategy and safe learning environment for the children in ECD.
The objectives of ECD model are to:
- Improve confidence and creativity of target group.
- Improve social and emotional behavior of children.
- Improve access and quality of teaching and learning.
- Decrease dropout rates and grade repetition.
- Increase timely school enrollment.
- Increase school completion rates.
- Improve parent child relationship.
- Development of Annual Implementation Plan and Annual Financial Plan.
- MoU and Orientation of District Governmentt / Education Department officials
- Identification of target area/schools
- School screening and baseline
- Strengthening & training of SMC/CBO
- Hiring/recruitment and training of community teacher on Early Childhood Development (ECD)
- Training of LHW/ TBA on ECD, heath and hygiene
- Development of learning corners in school and community
- ECD session with community members
- Growth monitoring of children of ECD class
- Referral of malnourished children
- Provision of swings/development of play area
- School development plan
- Organize co-curricular child friendly activities
- Color and paint of school
- Provision of material
- Regular meetings with SMC/CBO
- Monitoring and supervision
- Annual exam/assessment of enrolled students
- Periodical progress reports