Health Action School (HAS)
The Health Action School (HAS) model was initiated in public sector schools using the Child-to-Child (CtC) approach in February 2006.
The objectives of the HAS model are to:
- Work towards a healthy environment for school and the community.
- Promote healthy environment using CtC approach.
- Educate primary school children (5-12 years) in health and hygiene for their development as hygiene advocate.
- Achieve positive changes in children’s personal health, environment, families and communities.
- MoU signing at district level.
- Development of Annual Implementation Plan (AIP) and Annual Financial Plan (AFP).
- Orientation of District Government Officials.
- Identification/selection of schools.
- School screening and finalization.
- Identification of teachers.
- Training of teachers on HAS.
- Conducting HAS sessions in school.
- Regular monitoring visits and meetings with teachers and SMCs.
- Monthly Program Review.