This model introduces Life Skill Based Education (LSBE) in secondary schools. In this model, the teachers are trained regarding self-awareness, self-confidence, self-esteem, understanding the emotions and the link between emotions and behavior, protecting health, prevention from drugs, effective communication, decision making, peer pressure and friendship.
The objectives of this model are to:
- Educate adolescent boys and girls regarding life skills.
- Facilitate and empower young people to make healthy choices and right decisions in their life.
- Create an enabling and conducive environment for young people to practice healthy choices.
- Enable adolescent boys and girls to become physically and mentally healthly adults.
Introduction of Life Skill Based Education (LSBE)
- Self values
- Understanding the emotions and the link between emotions and behavior
- Protecting health
- Prevention from drugs
- Effective communication
- Understanding risk
- Decision making
- Adjusting with family life
- Peer pressure and friendship
- Understanding gender
Group work, individual work, pair work, presentations, role play, lectures, demonstrations etc.