The best practice training model of IUCD Training is designed as state of the art to develop the skills of healthcare providers for placing Intra Uterine Contraceptive Device (IUCD) for birth spacing.
The objectives of this training are to:
- Positively influence the attitudes of participants towards the benefit and appropriate usage of IUCD.
- Provide the latest technical information on IUCD.
- Provide information about new World Health Organization eligibility criteria for family planning
- Develop general counseling skills and method-specific counseling for IUCD.
- Develop technical skill placing IUCD in a client.
- Illustrated lectures and group discussions
- Individual and group exercise
- Role plays
- Simulated practice with anatomic (Pelvic) models
- Guided clinical activities (counseling and Intra Uterine Contraceptive Device insertion and removal)
- Advance family planning methods
- Community based family planning strategies
- Counseling techniques
- Demonstration on IUCD insertion on dummy
- Practical insertion of IUCD on 02 clients for each participant
- Practical assessment of participants